I have been eying this oil since it was launched about a month ago in India. I finally bought a bottle last month. It come as a part of a triad of Hair oil, Shampoo and Conditioner.
The product comes in a heavy, orangey-rust, glass bottle with a plastic, golden coloured screw cap.
It has a white plastic dispenser where you need to punch in a hole.
Here is the list of Ingredients:
What do the Key Ingredients Do?
- Argan: Argan oil is proven to make hair softer, silkier and shinier. It is the ideal hair conditioner, and it can even help to treat split ends and tame frizzy hair. Commonly used as a styling agent. It makes hair more manageable and adds a healthy, attractive shine to any hair style.
- Olive: Helps in treating dandruff, tames frizzy hair, adds shine and softens the hair shaft.
- Coconut: Fatty acids bind to the protein in hair and protect both the roots and strands of hair from breakage. Lauric acid is found in coconut oil and has better results than other mineral or sunflower oils when it comes to improving hair health. The natural antioxidants and nutrients found in coconut oil will deliver critical resources to improve your hair’s softness and luster. Coconut oil is rich in vitamin E, vitamin K and iron and effectively eliminates dandruff while boosting hair growth. Contains both antifungal and antibacterial properties to protect against dandruff and lice
- Jojoba: The reason that Jojoba is such a great choice as a hair conditioner and moisturizer is that the molecular structure of Jojoba is very similar to the natural oil that is produced by the sebaceous glands in the scalp. This natural scalp oil is known as “sebum”. It is a well-known fact that sebum is required for proper moisturizing of beautiful and healthy hair. Hair that has a good moisture basis tends to be more resistant to daily damage, tangles, dryness and split ends.
- Almond: Almond oil has several important nutrients including polyunsaturated and mono fatty acids as well as vitamins E, D, B1, B2, B6 and A. These are all helpful nutrients that allow you to grow strong, healthy hair strands.
- Camelina: Is an exceptional Carrier Oil. Prized for its potent Essential Fatty Acid content, Camelina is used in a wide range of hair and skin care formulations. It is particularly beneficial to those suffering from psoriasis or eczema, as it is about 10 times higher in linoleic acid and alpha-linolenic acid than most other Vegetable Oils. This also makes Camelina an ideal ingredient for anti-aging serums, moisturizers, and other formulations. Camelina Oil can help to repair damaged cells, increase elasticity in the skin, and protect hair follicles.
Price: INR 199/- for 100 ml.
The Oil itself is nearly colourless.
My Take on the Product:
I had been using some home-made concoctions for hair for sometime. When I saw the product in some print ads, I was tempted. I bought it on nykaa.com at a 5% discount. The list of 6 oils was very tempting!
It comes in a heavy golden coloured transparent glass bottle with a golden coloured plastic cap. It has a plastic inner cap where you need to poke a hole to pour out the product.
The oil itself is nearly colourless and has a fairly strong fragrance. My two little daughters loved it! Though I personally do not like strongly scented oils. I prefer the natural smells of oils.
When I looked at the list of ingredients, I was quite disappointed. Its main ingredient seems to be Mineral Oil! All 68% 0f it. The vegetable oils constitute only 30.7%, which also includes rapeseed, wheatgerm and sunflower oils!! So really what is the actual percentage of the 6 Special Oils in the mix??
The texture of the oil is very light, naturally because of the mineral oil. It absorbs into the scalp quite fast. It can make the hair limp, if more than a few drops are used.
I couldn’t really tell if this oil has been more beneficial for me that my regular pure oils (not adulterated with mineral oil). I have used a few drops after shampooing my hair instead of a hair serum and it imparted a nice sheen to my hair and definitely prevented them from getting too tangled. Some of my friends said that they have also used it like a heat protectant.
- Light textured
- Multiple uses: pre-shampoo treatment, after shampoo application to prevent frizziness, as heat protectant
- Floral scent
- Attractive packaging
- Exotic oils
- Affordable Pricing
- Bottle too heavy and dispensing not too smooth.
- High percentage of mineral oil and other cheaper ingredients
- Low percentage of the 6 oils
- Had no perceptible effect on quality of hair.
Rating: 2.5/5 . The product loses value in my opinion due to the high ratio of mineral oil. After I finish this bottle I will go back to my home mix of pure oils.
Do share your thoughts about this oil with me. Take care………