A yummy cooler for the terribly hot summers…. My favourite drink!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Serves: 2 bottles
1. 4 medium sized raw mangoes
2. 5-6 green cardamoms, crushed or powdered
3. 4-5 black pepper, crushed or powdered (optional)
4. 2 tsp black salt
5. 2 tsp regular, table salt
6. powdered sugar 3/4th cup, add more for more sweetness
7. Roasted Cumin powder
8. Mint Leaves washed, dried and chopped very fine or put through a blender
1. Rinse the raw mangoes in water.
2. Steam the raw mangoes in pressure cooker for 3-4 whistles or 10 minutes, till they become completely soft and pulpy.
3. Remove the peel and take out the mango pulp.
4. Mix the cardamom powder, salt, cumin powder, mint leaves and sugar to the mango pulp.
5. Mix the ingredients or blend to make it smooth.
6. Store aam ka panna in an air tight jar or bottle.
7. While serving aam ka panna, add 1 tbsp of the preserve to one glass of water.
8. Stir and add ice cubes. Serve aam ka panna chilled!
P.S. You may add jaggery/gur intead of sugar. It will give a more golden colour to the preserve.
Try it and let me know how you liked it!