Za has taken India by a storm with their skin care products. Bloggers are raving about these products. However, the Za True White Foundation has had some mixed reviews. So lets see whats all the noise about….
I was quite excited about this foundation when I first heard about it. And despite reading very mixed reviews about the product, especially its shade range, I still picked up this product. In part I blame Nykaa.com for tempting me with a discount offer I couldn’t refuse!
Hey don’t think I am criticising Nykaa.com, I think it is by far the best cosmetics and personal care online sale portal in India.
I picked up the darkest shade: OC30
Product Price: INR 950/- for 30 ml of product.
- Get virtues of Skin care now in make-up with Za True White Liquid Foundation.
- Get Enriched with Vitamin C & E, Minerals & Hyaluronic acid, this Breakthrough Illuminating & Pore less Liquid Foundation creates Pearly Translucent & Radiant skin. SPF 26-PA++ protects skin from UVA and UVB.
- Now get long lasting satin smooth & even-toned coverage.
My Take on the Product:
The Za True White Liquid Foundation comes in 6 shades of which OC 30 is the darkest. The product comes in a sturdy, curvy glass bottle with a pump dispenser and a silver plated, plastic lid. the bottle is further packed in a see-through plastic carton which carries all the product details.
The product itself is somewhere between creamy and runny and spread easily over my skin. I’ve tried this product both with my fingers and a foundation brush. The product gave excellent results with both.
The product gives medium coverage. It may be buildable but I did not try it because the darkest shade in the range is still too light for me. The first time I applied it, I think I got too much on my face and I had to fairly wipe it off my face with a tissue.
With this product, less is more. On immediate application, the face looked far too white, but it did even out to a more natural look in about 10 minutes. It did minimise the appearance of pores (I do have an open pore problem). The product has a finish somewhere between matte and dewy.
It lasted for about 6 hrs on my face without it getting too shiny. But then its real test will be in the hot and humid months
This foundation comes with PA++ and SPF 26 which is great but that means it does not photograph too well.
I actually liked the product and how it felt on my skin. But the only problem is its limited shade range. It wont cover nearly 75% of Indian skin tones.
- Easily Available both in malls and online stores
- Contains vitamin C, E, Minerals & Hyaluronic acid
- PA++ and SPF 26 for UVA and UVB protection
- Medium coverage
- Spreads easily.
- Applies well with both, brush and fingers
- Good and hygienic packaging
- Minimises appearance of pores and other minor skin imperfections
- Lasted for about 6 hrs without need for blotting (in winter months)
- Gives a good finish between matte and dewy.
- Gives a natural finish, if appropriate amount applied.
- Does not photograph well (but this is not the deal breaker)
- Limited shade range.
Overall Verdict: 4/5
I actually really like the product. I like what it does for the overall look of my skin. The only problem is the limited shade range. However, I have been able to make it work for my skin by adjusting the amount of product I apply.