Some time back saw these cheerful kettles hanging in the stairs on way to a restaurant… The plants just added that extra cheer. They were for sale and at an exorbitant price!!
Yet, these are so doable at home..
You will need
- Aluminum kettles … They are available in various sizes
- A small piece of sand paper
- Acrylic colors
- A plant of your choice and some light soil… Not to make the pot heavy if you want to hang it.
- Lightly rub the kettle with the sand paper… The rough surface always acts a good base for colour.
- Drill a hole at the bottom of the kettle… Or else use another small pot of plant to put inside .
- Spray /paint the kettle lightly… Use a double coat… Do not forget to paint the underside too.
- Put in your favorite plant and enjoy.
PS:the kettle covers are lying idle… Any suggestions?
Devjani is a wife, mother, teacher, social worker, a gardening and cooking enthusiast, a globe trotter, a bundle of boundless energy and an extremely creative person. She loves to share easy recipes, ideas to keep kids creatively occupied, and a host of other tips and tricks around the home and beyond.