Prawns are a hot favourite among a large number of communities a round the world. So you will find thousands of traditional and modern recipes for prawns. I had been trying out some Indian variants in the last few months with curry leaves, dessicated coconut, just coconut milk or some spice mix.
This time I decided to just go without pre-planning and see what turns up! I don’t boast of brilliant culinary skills, but the prawns turned up quite nice and we had no left overs!
What you will need:
- Meduim Sized prawns: 500 gms
- Whole egg: 1
- Bread crumbs: about 4 table spoons
- Onions: 1 medium, chopped
- Ginger-Garlic paste: 2 tsp
- Green Chillly Sauce: 1 tbsp
- Tomato Ketchup: 2 tbsp
- Black pepper: to taste
- Salt: to taste
1. Wash and clean the prawns and pat dry.
2. Beat the eggs with some salt and black pepper and let the prawns rest in this marinade for about 15 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a pan/wok
4. Roll each prawn in the bread crumbs and fry them till golden.
5. In the left over oil, add the ginger garlic paste and saute for 30 secs.
6. Add the chopped onions and saute till they begin to change colour
7. Add the chilly sauce and tomato ketchup. Add a bit of water at this point.
8. Add some salt if you wish.
9. Add the fried prawns and simmer the sauce for about 5-7 mins.
10. Serve hot with steamed rice.
11. See your family polish it off their plates!
Think and Stay Beautiful!