It’s time for some non-vegetarian recipe this time… Gushtaba is one of the most easily recognized Kashmiri dishes. It is cooked on special occasions like weddings and festivals.
This a simple to-do-at-home recipe of Gushtaba… It also adds a different colour to the table.
For the Meat BallsYou will need:
- 1/2 kg chicken mince,
- 2 tsp jeera powder,
- 2 tsp fennel powder,
- black cardamom ground ,
- green chillies,
- garlic paste ,
- One Egg
- salt to taste
- some malai/ cream or oil
Mix all the ingredients given above and keep aside for 15 mins. Grind in a blender till smooth. Wet your hands to make balls out of this mixture. Keep aside.
For the Gravy You Will Need:
- Whisk I cup curd with 1 cup water in a blender add salt,
- 1 tsp ginger paste,
- 1 tsp fennel powder,
- green and black cardamom powder,
- cinnamon broken into small pieces
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Bring mixture to boil stirring whisking constantly so that it doesn’t curdle.
- While boiling drop the koftas one by one, gradually.
- Boil for only 2-5 mins till done … Test by piercing a fork through.
- Garnish with ghee and mint leaves. If gravy is too thin add maida/flour paste (mixed with water) to thicken.
Note: With mutton keema, follow the same process, add little papaya piece to the mince and let it stand for one hour. Cooking time will be longer since it s a tougher meat than chicken.
What do you think of this recipe? Do try it and let us know how you liked this dish.
Think and Stay Beautiful!
Devjani is a wife, mother, teacher, social worker, a gardening and cooking enthusiast, a globe trotter, a bundle of boundless energy and an extremely creative person. She loves to share easy recipes, ideas to keep kids creatively occupied, and a host of other tips and tricks around the home and beyond.