I was looking over my blogs list, and realised that I had not done a recipe post in a while. I absolutely love chicken and any experimental cooking that I do usually involves, well, chicken!
So here is another one. The Husband bought some mushrooms on the way back home and I had some chicken in the freezer. So I started putting this and that together. Fortunately I remembered to click a few photos along the way.
The end result…. some finger licking and clean plates!
- 500-600 gms of chicken on the bone (give better and richer flavour than boneless)
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 5-6 cloves of garlic,pealed and crushed
- Garlic an Inch and a half knob, crushed
- Juice of half a lemon
- Some Rosemary or any herbs that you would like to use (I had this at home)
- Black pepper crushed about a teaspoon
- Any creamy dressing, I had this honey mustard one.
- 250 gms of button mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (or any of your choice)
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons of wheat flour
- Salt to taste
- Wash the chicken well.
- Put it in a pressure cooker with a cup of water, ginger, garlic and onions. Keep the burner flame high till the first whistle. Then reduce to simmer for the next 5 minutes.
- While the chicken is in the cooker, heat 1 teaspoon for olive oil, and sear the sliced mushrooms on a high flame.
- Lower the heat and add a cup of milk and wheat flour and stir till all the lumps disappear.
- Increase heat and bring to a boil,reduce heat when the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add the boiled chicken to this sauce and add salt to taste.
- Add rosemary, crushed black pepper and the dressing to this sauce. Simmer for about 5 minutes. turn off the heat.
- Add the lemon juice after 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with pasta or bread.