|Photo courtesy: foodpunch.com|
It’s been a while I posted a recipe . This time it’s for mothers with fussy eaters and a constant dilemma what to give in their tiffins or snack time.
This recipe is nutritious, quick to make, can be stored in your freezer compartment and good looking too…things couldn’t get better!!!
You will need
- 3 potatoes medium sized
- 1 medium sized beetroot
- 100 gm paneer
- 1/2 onion
- 1 cup bread crumbs or fresh bread run through the mixie
- A bit of ginger
- Oil for shallow frying
- Optional..green chilies, roasted coarsely ground pea nuts, grated fresh or dessicated coconut..though these do enhance the taste
2. Mash the potatoes , paneer and grate the beetroot.
3. Add finely chopped ginger, 1/2 cup bread crumbs..save the rest for later,salt ,shredded coconut , peanuts,chopped onion and chillies
4. Mix well and shape into cutlets. This measure makes 14 cutlets. Coat with bread crumbs to store or shallow fry immediately.
Disclaimer: Photographs are mine unless otherwise indicated.
Devjani is a wife, mother, teacher, social worker, a gardening and cooking enthusiast, a globe trotter, a bundle of boundless energy and an extremely creative person. She loves to share easy recipes, ideas to keep kids creatively occupied, and a host of other tips and tricks around the home and beyond.